Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #2 - Hardest

There are several habits on the list of 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners that are difficult for me. My self talk isn't always positive (Habit #4) and I'm not very big into purposeful goal setting (Habit #1). I have goals, but I don't sit down and think them out. This is particularly true for personal goals. I'm better at goal setting for projects at work. I know where I want the program to go and have a good feel for how to get there (it takes a lot of time). Taking all of this into account, I think Habit #3 is the hardest for me.

Habit #3: View problems as challenges.

I worry and stew over problems. It isn't until after I've resolved them that I reflect upon them as an opportunity to learn and grow. I like challenges, it's part of what keeps life interesting. I just would prefer lots of time to mull them over. I'm often caught up in the timeliness of trying to get a solutions that meets everyone's needs quickly, which is very hard to do - sometimes impossible.

No comments: