Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #2 - Easiest

Of the 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners, Habit 2 is easiest for me.

Habit 2: Accept responsibility for your own learning.

I have always loved learning. It may be because learning new information is usually easy for me. I'm great at school-type learning, which is probably why I enjoyed getting my Ph.D. One of the best things about being a classroom teacher was reviewing the material before teaching it to the students. I always dug a little deeper into whatever I was going to teach, so I learned more about it. It was part of the preparation I did before every unit I taught. It made the content interesting and helped keep me ready to make things interesting for my students. Of course, the students kept me learning, too. They always took me off into directions I hadn't planned, which required more research on my part.

PS - This blog has been started as part of the Library2Play online class offered in my school district. I hope it will evolve into a tool I can use with parents and teachers in my district.

No comments: